Welcome to Cherry Class!
Miss Finegan and Mrs Lloyd
Cherry class love to learn!
They are very proud of all the fantastic work they are producing!
This term, Cherry class will be working very hard in the lead up to the KS1 Sats and also the YR1 phonics assessment. Please call in and speak to me if you want any further guidance or advice to help your child further!
What we will be learning this term:
- Literacy - Tales from other cultures, instructions, explanations and rhyming poetry.
- Maths - Calculations using the four operations, fractions of an object, shape or quantity, Word problems, Position and direction, Time.
- Science - Plants. Observing growth from seed/bulb to mature plant and investigating what a plant needs to survive.
- Topic - Around the World. Children will visit a country in each continent, identify the location of hot and cold areas of the world in relation to the Equator and the North and South Poles.
- RE - Special Places.
- Computing - E-safety, programming (understanding the term; algorithm.
- Art - Drawing using charcoals and pastels, painting, sculpture.
Cherry Class are now trying hard to earn Class Dojos for hard work, excellent behaviour and being a good friend.
Every Friday we will celebrate the child with the most Dojos and they will become King or Queen of the Dojos.
They will also get a lucky dip in Miss Finegan's prize box!!
Week Ending Friday 9th May
Celebrating our work with 'Work of the Week!'
We are all trying our best to get our work up in lights and celebrate our achievements!
Who will it be this week?
We've been very busy during the spring term! Have a look at our wonderful work on our dazzling displays!
We each wrote a message in a bottle to describe an underwater adventure.
We used the fantastic story 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe' to help us describe characters and inspire our creative writing.
We learned how to stay safe online and created posters to show others how to stay safe.
Homework will be given out every Friday and should be returned the following Thursday.
Homework will incude at least one piece of maths or literacy work, as well as your child's individual spelling list, which should be practised daily.
Spelling tests will be each Friday and your child will be told their score.
If you have any worries or concerns regarding your child's homework then please do not hesitate to come and speak to me.